Full Time Executive Director: Alberta Lamb Producers
Application deadline: 17 June, 2019
Alberta Lamb Producers (ALP) mission is empowering the sheep industry through education, innovation and advocacy. ALP operates under regulations of the Marketing of Agricultural Products Act (MAPA) and is directed by producers through a board of seven directors. The Executive Director is responsible for implementing the ALP's strategic plan for the Alberta sheep industry.
- An effective communicator with a high level of verbal and written skills
- A team player with a proven collaborative attitude
- A creative planner and problem solver
- An experienced manager working with a variety of industry stakeholders
Qualifications and Skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the agriculture industry.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience reporting to a board of directors and knowledge of board governance.
- Managing staff and working with contractors will be considered an asset.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills and to prioritize workload under time pressures to meet deadlines
- Experience managing financial resources, including creating budgets, bookkeeping, and financial reporting
- Skills using Quickbooks, Microsoft programs, Google Suite, Adobe software, Joomla, and Social Media considered an asset.
Salary range: 40,000 to 70,000 annually. Compensation will correspond to experience and qualifications. This position is based in Airdrie, Alberta at the Agriculture Centre. The Executive Director will be required some travel, primarily within Alberta and evening and weekend work is required occasionally.