ALP is accepting nominations for four Director-at-Large positions on the 2019/20 Board of Directors. Nomination forms must be submitted by 31 August 2019. Eligible producers will vote for new directors by mail-in ballot and in-person at the Annual General Meeting on Oct 17th.
Serving on the board is an exciting and challenging opportunity to advance your industry! Download the nomination form now.
- Must be a sheep producer residing in Alberta as per the current ALP regulations.
- A keen interest in improving processes and resources for the industry
- Ability to work with other board members for the benefit of other sheep producers
- Ability to make the minimum time commitment of 3-4 in-person board meetings, as well as monthly conference calls
- Per diem and expenses are provided
- No previous board experience is required
- A strong commitment to collaboration and growth is important, as is a solution-oriented focus
In addition to contributing to your industry, serving on the Board offers other positive benefits, such as gaining:
- a broader perspective and greater knowledge of the sheep industry.
- important local, provincial and national contacts.
- skills that enhance other areas of business and life, such as experience in board governance, leadership, project management, communication and interpersonal skills.